Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Why can't kids sleep when they are tired?

Let me re-phrase. Why can't babies & small toddlers sleep when they or tired. Or maybe even better. Why can't MY babies & todders sleep when they are tired. Oscar is almost 4 & is an awesome sleeper. Sleeps almost 12 hrs at night & 1-2 at naps. Love that. He wasn't always that way. I don't think until he was about 2 1/2 did he really start sleeping good.



Which brings me to Calvin. The last few days have been TERRIBLE. I remember Oscar when he was just over 2 going through a nightmare phase or a fear of us going away phase. It was like he reverted to infancy all at once. We had to sit w/ him while he fell asleep & at least once a night when he woke up. We gradually worked into "we'll be back to check on you" every 5, 10, 15 m. You get the drift. Well apparently Calvin has hit this now. We spent the weekend w/ family in Seattle & all slept in the same room. That must have made Calvin realize he doesn't want to be alone anymore. Tonight & last night I've had to sit in the rocking chair for an hour while he dozes off - his little head continually popping up to make sure I'm there. Today at naps he refused all together to be in the room (and yes there was MUCH crying). Finally when I was in tears too I let him out of the crib. He proceeded to crash on the couch while I read a magazine for 1 1/2 hrs.

Here is Oscar after coming downstairs from his own 2 hour nap in his own bed looking at Calvin sprawled out.



What is wrong w/ this kid!! I'm wondering if it is time to move him in w/ Oscar now? Any ideas???

No comments: