Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What would you do with 24 hours

I have been a stay at home mother for almost 4 years now. We have two active boys & I'm 4 1/2 months pregnant. We are 90% sure we'll be homeschooling the boys for the first few years. And to top it off my husband travels 50% of the time. You can see how rare it is for me to have time alone. I remember reading during my first pregnancy how it is imparative that a mother gets 30 minutes to herself every day. At the time Darren & I thought, "No problem." Then the baby came.

Now don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining. I do have occasional breaks from the boys. Granny comes over to play w/ the boys. I have monthly bunko night w/ my girlfriends. I also go to the occasional baby shower, candle party, etc. Grandma & Grandpa take the boys once a month for an overnight. This used to be husband & wife time alone. Then I got pregnant for the third time. And I was really really sick. So they started offering to host the boys during Darren's travel weeks once a month so I could throw up in solitude & moan on the couch as loud as I wanted. This reduced our date nights quite a bit, but was critical to my survival of the first trimester. So now I'm 20 weeks along & feeling better. We haven't shifted back into weekend overnights yet. And today, the boys go to grandma & grandpa's house for an overnight. Darren is out of town & I feel pretty good. I have been given a gift of 24 hours! What would you do?


Garden, clean, shop, cook, lunch w/ friends, see a movie (all at once), sleep, get a massage, make an uninterupted phone call?

I've been stewing about how to best use this time. Since I'm pregnant a good long sleep is a priortity. And since I'm a respectable woman I also made an appointment for a cut & color. Beyond that? The meet up w/ friends thing is hard since they also have kids & no offense but I am not sure I want to send mine off only to hang out w/ any of yours. Sorry if that sounds selfish! I'll clean a bit & decorate for Halloween because I'm type A like that. I might watch one of our netflicks movies that we've had for 3 months. Oh and I'll catch up in Oscar's, Calvin's & my pregnancy journals. I'm so excited.

So... what would YOU do if you had 24 hours!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. Go Christmas shopping.

2. Find a bra that fits comfortably.

3. Catch up on this season's DTWS.

4. Test drive a sports car.

5. Learn French.

6. Pack, Pack,Pack