Thursday, April 29, 2010

Our mothers

As a kid my mom did things that I swore I'd never do when "I was a mom". Come on.. you know you were the same way. Well now that I AM a mom I know why she did what she did. And I know that they were for great reasons. (And for the record if I could go back I wouldn't change her one little bit.)

That being said, one of the things I remember thinking I'd never do was take food places. Popcorn to baseball games, home-made snacks in the car (rather than the drive thru that called to my brother & I).

Today we were driving to Forest Grove for a playdate. That is 45m one way. I have 3 boys. They need to eat.... constantly. I hate drive thru food. Both because of how un-healthy it is & because of the cost (The 10year old me would roll her eyes now). Anyway after I got all of my kids home-made snacks together & lined them up on the counter I realized that I had become like my mom. Thanks mom for being a good example. I'm proud to be like you!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it's kinda funny that you include Jack's teething tabs with the snacks.

I do the same.

And your snack looks good too!