Saturday, September 26, 2009

Thanks Mom

Last night was the perfect storm... for no sleep for me.

Darren is out of town.

Jack was up 3 times. Teeth I guess. Who knows really. He is a baby after all.

Oscar's overnight pull-up didn't make it over night so I had to change his jammies, sheets, etc.

And Calvin. Sweet Calvin was up most of the night w/ a runny nose. Apparently for him the discomfort of a runny nose is enough to cause great distress. We were up from 10-midnight the first round. At which point I drugged him.... w/ the night time cold & cough stuff. Hey - I know but you do what you have to right? Then Jack was up at 1am. Then Calvin again at 2am. Then Jack at 3am. Then about 3:30 I started to wonder if I'd been PUNKED. Or for those of you over 50... I was looking for the candid camera. At 4am when Calvin's crying woke up Jack the three of us sat on my bed & cried together. We all have weak moments right? Everyone finally fell asleep at 4:45.... until 5:30. And somewhere in the middle of this all the neighbors cats started to mate or something that sounded horrible. And I started to want to find & kill the person who invented the phrase "sleep like a baby". What does that mean? And who DOES sleep good. Not babies, not toddlers. Not mommies. Who!

Now Calvin & I are downstairs walking around in a haze of sleepiness.

So all of this is leading to me saying, "thanks mom". I know you had your share of these nights too w/ my brother & I. Each day, I have a new found respect for you.

3 comments:

Shawnna Williams said...

If that had happened to me, I would have handed the kids to Ryan as he walked in the door and I would have disappeared for a LONG while. I'm so sorry! I hope you catch up on the lost sleep.

Unknown said...

Oh Jen!! I hope you have better nights to come. And a portent of things to come for me. Yay.

Goodworth Family said...

wow - that's about all I have to say (with a solid mocha latte of course)