Wednesday, September 9, 2009

And Here we go...

For the past 4 1/2 years I've been a stay at home mom. Now I'm starting a new phase...18 years of being a carpool mom. My oldest child started preschool this week.

For those of you who know Oscar this is a BIG deal. He is a smart, fun, energetic boy... that doesn't like change so much. This is a BIG change. My dear friend Anna told me about a book called, Llamma Llamma misses mama where the little Llamma goes to preschool. That has helped.

Logistally none of us were prepared for "school". We had to go to 4 stores to fill his preschool supply list. Yes his PRESCHOOL supply list. I'm still floored by that. We got him new clothes, new shoes & a brand new backpack. We went to "met the teacher day" & toured the school, Hilltop Christian. Here are Calvin & Oscar playing w/ another boy (the other red-head) at meet the teacher day.

One thing that was awesome about "meet the teacher day" was Oscar saw his name already all over the room. This is us looking at the birthday list & his name was under Novermber. He thought that was cool. A side note: when I got home & reviewed our pictures I noticed the HUGE Louis Vuitton bag in the shot & thought, I need to get Oscar hooked up w/ THAT family... maybe he can marry into $$. (kidding of course)
So on Oscar's first day I was all nervous about how it would go.... and it went GREAT. Thanks to lots of prayers. He went right in & did great the whole time!

He even jumped out of the mini van in the drop off line and walked in all by himself like a very big boy. And when I went in to pick him up was so excited to go back on Friday. Who is this kid & what has he done w/ my Oscar!!!

No comments: