Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Anniversary to us

Today (2-26) is Darren & my 10th wedding Anniversary. He woke up today in Omaha, I woke up here with our 3 little boys. He comes home today though. Ya!




Ours is a great love story (I think). We met in 1994. I was getting my undergrad at PSU in Architecture, he was too but was not a senior. Yes the man is YOUNGER than me. I'll wait for the gasp of shock to pass.




I knew immediately that I had to be around him. I was drawn to him. He was drawn to me too. Although in retrospect it might have been becuase in 1994 I was in a micro-mini phase. Anway, we became best friends. Co-dependent inseparable best friends. By the time we figured out that we were more and announced it to the world all we got was, "goodness....it's about time!" I guess that meant they too thought we were sole mates.




We married in 2000. We spent a fabulous 4 years in San Diego before moving back to Portland were we proceeded to have 3 perfect little boys. I am still drawn to Darren. He is an amazing man, husband & father. I can't wait for the next 10 years and the 10 after that and the 10 after that...




Happy Anniverssary sweetie. Hurry home.


No comments: