Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Why my kids will be embarrased by me....

You always hear about stories of teen agers begging their parents to drop them off blocks away from the school. I’ve always wondered what these parents could have done to make their kids so embarrassed of them…. until today. I often put Jack (and Calvin and Oscar before him) up on the counter & do my kitchen chores or cook. I usually have music on. And in order to entertain the babies I dance. Like a crazy person. Seriously.

I am also guilty of breaking into song if there is a silence of longer than 1 minute (in the presence of just my kids of course). I do this un-ashamed and loudly.

The kids LOVE my dancing and singing. They are 7m, 2 ½ and 4 ½ . So my theory is that we parents act CRAZY because little kids think it is funny. We act in front of them in a way we act in front of no one else. In front of everyone else we are together, dignified, etc. We don’t show that side to our kids though because it isn’t funny.

We show them the crazy.

Is it any wonder why as they grow up they don’t want their friend to see us? They THINK we are crazy!!

No comments: