Wednesday, April 1, 2009

chaos playdate

So my friend Jen & I have been having playdates for just over two years. When we started it was basicallly just her & I playing with Oscar while our babies (Amelia & Calvin) coo-ed quietly on blankets near by. We shared stories, recipies, home-making tips, etc.

Things are a little different now.

Oscar, now 4 & in desparate need for preschool to start spends most of the time asking either Jen or I to "play w/ me". Amelia & Calvin, now 2 play like.... well 2 year olds. Sort of w/ each other, sort of by themselves. Learning to share. Needing up up.

We also now have two more babies, Zeke & Jack. Who are both either sleeping peacefully or crying.... or nursing.

This morning was the perfect storm. All 5 kids were sort of needy. Mostly my 3 really. Several kids had time outs. I think Jen & I spoke a few words to each other but after 3 words got out we were interupted by a child & forgot what we were talking about in the first place....

We are looking forward to having lunch & a glass of wine during our adult playdate when all 5 kids are in school!!










No comments: